Job Title: Deputy Manager
Location: Dartmouth House, 70-72 Handsworth Wood Rd, Handsworth Wood, Birmingham B20 2DT
Salary: £35,790 – £44,717 per annum, plus enhancements (with incremental increases on completion of probation and annually thereafter)
Hours: Rotating Pattern of long day/night/weekend shifts/bank holidays
Job Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time/Part-Time
Options for Care are looking to recruit Deputy Managers across our existing hospital units at Dartmouth House.
Dartmouth House is a 16-bed male long term complex care mental health inpatient unit based in Handsworth Wood, Birmingham.
Options for Care supports service users along a recovery pathway using relationship-centred, best practice interventions and supports individuals in improving their quality of life while working towards their personal goals. Service user outcomes are measured using recognised assessment tools which allow us to evidence our objective of enabling individuals to move towards living in the least restrictive setting possible.
Options for Care continues to successfully weather the storm of COVID-19 alongside our health and social care colleagues. We recognise the value of our services lies in our exceptional and committed staff. For this reason, everyone has an individual wellbeing risk assessment accompanied by a personalised support plan.
This has enabled staff to continue to safely work with service users to support them in their progression along their recovery pathway. Despite the continued pandemic and significantly increased challenges, we maintain relationship-centred, best practice interventions to support people to improve their quality of life. They continue to work towards their personal goals whilst maintaining least restrictive principles.
- Realising potential
- We offer best practice interventions to enable personal recovery and wellbeing.
- The individual is at the heart of everything we do.
- We inspire, stimulate and empower people to achieve and grow through compassionate, supportive and protective relationships.
- We deliver and continuously evaluate high quality services whilst respecting difference, promoting dignity and supporting the privacy of others.
We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic mental health nurses who are able to work as part of the management team to deliver our mission, vision and values. You must be willing and confident to supervise and develop colleagues allowing them to deliver the best clinical services possible.
The successful candidates will have at least two years post-registration experience. You must have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and document accurately. You must be able to provide clinical leadership and assist the Registered Manager team in the overall management of the service. You must have knowledge of mental health recovery and assessment tools and be confident in supporting complex physical health needs and interventions. You will also be required to take part in the on-call duty management rota, and you will receive remuneration for this.
Staff development, support and supervision is in place alongside staff health benefits making Options for Care a welcoming and positive place to work. Management supervision will be provided by the Registered Manager.
- £3000 welcome bonus (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Shift Enhancements include 20% nights and 40% weekends
- In addition to an annual pay review, Options for Care benefits from an incremental pay pathway linked to the appraisal process. The first of these is awarded following successful completion of a six-month probation period
- Sick Pay
The Government mandated requirement for all health and social care workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) by 1st April 2022 has been suspended.
Options for Care encourages the uptake of COVID-19 vaccinations to protect individuals, colleagues, patients and communities as the best line of defence against COVID-19.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please email email@example.com or if you require further information regarding the role or an informal discussion, please contact one of the following:
- Perminder Bath, Head of HR, on 0121 523 5573
- Lee Johnson, Operations Director, on 0121 523 5573 or 07776 992 847