- About us
- Our Approach
- Services Directory
Reference Number: SC-RMN-IND-03
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Location: Stanford Court, 106 Moseley Road, Balsall Heath, Birmingham B12 0HG
Salary: £29,688 – £37,981 per annum, plus enhancements (with incremental increases on completion of probation and annually thereafter)
Hours: Rotating Pattern of long day/night/weekend shifts
Job Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Full Time/Part-Time
Options for Care are looking to recruit Mental Health Nurses or suitably experienced Learning Disability Nurses, for our new hospital unit, Stanford Court.
Stanford Court will be a 20-bed male mental health inpatient unit based in Balsall Heath, Birmingham. This will consist of a 15 bed enhanced care service and, contained within the building but outside the main service, five self-contained recovery flats to enable assessment skills in preparation for discharge.
We are looking for dynamic and enthusiastic nurses with a genuine passion for working with people who have severe and enduring mental health diagnoses and able to support our mission, vision and values.
In addition to an annual cost of living pay increase, Options for Care benefits from an incremental pay pathway linked to the appraisal process. The first of these pay rises is awarded following successful completion of a six-month probation period.
Options for Care have continually and successfully weathered the storm of COVID-19 alongside our health and social care colleagues. We recognise the value of our CQC-rated Good and Outstanding services lies in our exceptional and committed staff. For this reason, everyone has an individual wellbeing risk assessment followed by a personalised support plan. This ensures their continued wellbeing and attendance at work. Options for Care have ensured a constant supply of PPE throughout the pandemic.
This has enabled staff to continue to safely work with service users supporting them in their progression along their recovery pathway. Despite the continued pandemic and significantly increased challenges, we maintain relationship-centred, best practice interventions, supporting people to improve their quality of life. They continue to work towards their personal goals whilst we maintain least restrictive principles.
– Realising potential
– We offer best practice interventions to enable personal recovery and wellbeing.
– The individual is at the heart of everything we do.
– We inspire, stimulate and empower people to achieve and grow through compassionate, supportive and protective relationships.
– We deliver and continuously evaluate high quality services whilst respecting difference, promoting dignity and supporting the privacy of others.
– £3000 welcome bonus (upon successful completion of probationary period)
– Shift Enhancements include 20% nights and 40% weekends
– In addition to an annual pay review, Options for Care benefits from an incremental pay pathway linked to the appraisal process. The first of these is awarded following successful completion of a six-month probation period
– Sick Pay
The Government mandated requirement for all health and social care workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) by 1st April 2022 has been suspended.
Options for Care encourages the uptake of COVID-19 vaccinations to protect individuals, colleagues, patients and communities as the best line of defence against COVID-19.
If you are interested in applying for the role, or if you require further information regarding the role or an informal discussion, please contact one of the following:
– Perminder Bath, Head of HR, on 0121 523 5573
– Lee Johnson, Operations Director, on 0121 523 5573 or 07776 992 847
|Job Category||Adult Mental Health|