Options for Care are looking to recruit Mental Health Nurses or suitably experienced Learning Disability Nurses, across our two existing hospital units, Montague Court and Dartmouth House. We are also recruiting for our new hospital unit, Stanford Court.
- Montague Court is an 18 bed male long term complex care mental health inpatient unit based in Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Dartmouth House is a 16 bed male long term complex care mental health inpatient unit based in Handsworth Wood, Birmingham.
- Stanford Court will be a 20 bed male mental health inpatient unit based in Highgate, Birmingham. The building set-up enables us to offer levels of support dependent on the needs of the individual. Five of these beds form a separate Extra Care Suite and five are self-contained recovery flats.
We have one vacancy in each of our existing services and we are looking to build a new nursing team for Stanford Court. Dynamic and enthusiastic nurses with a genuine passion for working with people who have severe and enduring mental health diagnoses and able to support our mission, vision and values.
In addition to an annual cost of living pay increase, Options for Care benefits from an incremental pay pathway linked to the appraisal process. The first of these pay rises is awarded following successful completion of a six-month probation period.
Options for Care have continually and successfully weathered the storm of COVID-19 alongside our health and social care colleagues. We recognise the value of our CQC-rated Good and Outstanding services lies in our exceptional and committed staff. For this reason, everyone has an individual wellbeing risk assessment followed by a personalised support plan. This ensures their continued wellbeing and attendance at work. Options for Care have ensured a constant supply of PPE throughout the pandemic and free taxis to all staff that would usually use public transport to get to work.
This has enabled staff to continue to safely work with service users supporting them in their progression along their recovery pathway. Despite the continued pandemic and significantly increased challenges, we maintain relationship-centred, best practice interventions, supporting people to improve their quality of life. They continue to work towards their personal goals whilst we maintain least restrictive principles.
“We offer best practice interventions to enable personal recovery and wellbeing.”
– “The individual is at the heart of everything we do.”
– “We inspire, stimulate and empower people to achieve and grow through compassionate, supportive and protective relationships.”
– “We deliver and continuously evaluate high quality service whilst respecting difference, promoting dignity and supporting the privacy of others.”
You will deliver person centered care, supporting individuals towards community integration. We are continually developing and evolving our care pathway and use best practice outcome measures and assessment tools.
Staff development, preceptorship (if required), support and supervision are in place alongside staff health benefits making Options for Care a welcoming and positive place to work.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please email email@example.com or if you require further information regarding the role or an informal discussion, please contact one of the following:
- Perminder Bath, Head of HR, on 0121 523 5573
- Lee Johnson, Operations Director, on 0121 523 5573 or 07776 992 847